February 3, 2012

Friday Night Foodie!

So tonight for dinner I had decided to make fettucine alfredo with chicken.  Well, I have a pasta maker that attaches to my KitchenAid mixer so I decided to make fresh pasta.  It was only my second time making pasta.  It was all so yummy and worth the extra time to make it all from scratch.  To me it tasted just as good as Olive Garden.  First I mixed the dough to make the pasta.  Just eggs and flour.  Then I let it rest for about 15 minutes or so.  Then I cooked the chicken.  Attached the pasta roller to the mixer and flattened the dough and made the fettucine.  Lastly I made the alfredo from scratch.  It was real butter, real whipping cream and parmesan cheese.  A little salt, better and nutmeg and we were ready to go.  Definitely not a healthy meal but it was so yummy.  Will definately make this again..  Don't really wanna know how much fat was actually in the sauce. 

My pasta dough resting.


Making the fettucine


Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken


No comments: